The Aotearoa New Zealand Design Challenge is a competition run by the Designers Institute of New Zealand that seeks to showcase how design can be used as a tool for creating a better New Zealand.
We are looking for passionate people with forward thinking ideas, and creative solutions that help us toward our vision of Social, Cultural, Economic and Environmental Prosperity?
- The circular economy
- Stewardship of our natural environment
- Healthier lives and wellbeing
- The future of work and industry
- Better homes, towns & cities
- Responding to climate change
- Cultural and social cohesion
Entries can be anything grand or small, across any design discipline whether it’s a product, a service, a system, an artistic vision, a film, a movement, a campaign, an app, a space...whatever your idea it’s up to you to communicate how it will contribute to a better New Zealand.
Entries will be submitted online. Images, videos and text fields.
The winner will
Receive $20,000 prize money to go towards taking their idea to the next level and making an impact. Be provided advice and mentors to support their journey.
Who can enter
Any NZ resident 35 years old or under
There is no entry fee
February 1st 2022
March 31st 2022
New Zealand focus
- Entrant to design Aotearoa New Zealand’s future
- Demonstrate connection to Aotearoa New Zealand industry
Concept – How does concept demonstrate:
- Future thinking “A new way of doing something, a new way of thinking”
- Refreshing creativity
- Clear communication and execution
Impact – How does concept demonstrate impact in one or more of the core themes:
- Social impact
- Environmental impact
- Economic impact
- Impact on the design Industry
- Clarity around process and protocol required
A judging panel will be assembled from Aotearoa New Zealand design leaders