The Designers Institute of New Zealand exists to serve New Zealand’s design community and represent its interests to the wider world. Formed in 1991, we grew from the merger of the New Zealand Society of Industrial Designers (formed 1960), and the New Zealand Association of Interior Designers (formed 1968). Today, we represent a much broader range of disciplines: graphic design, interactive design, motion graphics, spatial design, product design, design in business, service design and design education.
To do this we have a number of goals:
- Bring the different design disciplines together under a united front
- Improve the standards of professional service
- Increase demand for design excellence
- Increase the profile of design
- Encourage the development of professional skills within the membership